Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Integrate IKEA Smart light switches & remote controls

Assuming that IKEA zigbee lamps could be integrated, why not also integrate those small IKEA zigbee buttons/switches (example: on/off switch TRADFRI) and also those remote controls (Example: IKEA STYRBAR).

It’s possible? Is that your intention?
Or do you think it could compete with your wireless switches?
I think they have different uses.

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello Wilson,

Indeed, ZigBee 3.0 compatible lamps can be managed by our Gateway, and so via the Home + Control app

We’re not a light bulb manufacturer, so this feature is interesting for us. But integrating Z3.0 switches from other brands would mean providing a free application to manage our direct competitors’ devices … I doubt the marketing would find it interesting for us 😀

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

I understand your concern. However, these are buttons and sensors, with a different format from yours, for which you do not have a similar offer.

I’m sad that we can’t integrate other switches and motion sensors. Obviously, to place on a wall, on a headboard, or in another similar type of application, I prefer to use Legrand.. But there are certain applications for which yours are too large (with the normal wall format), and these (IKEA/LIDL/etc) are smaller, minuscule, serve other purposes very well. You don’t have a similar offer.

Hello Wilson,

I forwarded your message to the marketing. It’s not impossible that your usecase could give them ideas for future devices

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Information

3 replies
2 participants