Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

K4411C Dimmer switch usage

Hello,

I’m a little confused on what can be dimmed with this switch.

Its not using DALI dimming and I can’t seem to find what type of dimming should be used with it. Tried a dimmable LED bulb, but that wont too.

Can someone please, confirm what Dimming mode/protocol this switch is using

And which/what LED lightning solutions can be dimmed using this.

Thank you !

Ned

Will be better

Hi Wouter,

No issue, as far as I know, to keep it as it’s already plugged and working

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

Are there any news on the new firmware and integration with Osram ? 🙂 Thanks.

Sincerely,

Ned

Hello Ned,

The latest information I have (from April) talked about making ZigBee 3.0 firmware publicly available in May/June. I’ll try to know if this planning is still OK, but I think we will release it in the next few weeks 😉

Have a good day,

Thanks a bunch Leslie, you have a great weekend !

Sincerely,

Ned

Hello Leslie,

I’m new to all the smart home & Legrand/Netatmo, but looking into it. I’m planning on using Celiane Netatmo switches, and after discusion with your colleagues from Service Client in France, I understood that the Home+Control app will be able (after an update) to control Philips Hue lights. Is this functionality also part of the aforementioned Zigbee 3.0 update?

If yes, how can I prompt my gateway to update (currently version 149)?

Thanks!

Fred

Hello Fred,

Indeed, our Home + Control gateway will be able to communicate with connected devices from other brands which use ZigBee 3.0 protocol

You can find here the beginning of the documentation to open your network for ZigBee : https://developer.legrand.com/documentation/how-it-works/

This documentation will soon be completed with missing information. You should not have to “force” an update of your gateway : it should arrive with a classical Over-The-Air update

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the quick reply, have a great day!

Cheers,

Fred

Hi Leslie,

I’m expanding this topic a bit further with yet another question 🙂

In the Osram DALI module it is noted that:

“Integration of pushbuttons Zigbee 3.0 DALI CONV LI has an integrated pushbutton interface which is suitable for connecting standard pushbuttons. This interface is activated the first time the pushbutton is pressed. This makes the pushbutton visible as a Zigbee network node and it can be integrated into the control system. The gateway software defines which functions the pushbutton can control.”

“The gateway must support the integration of Zigbee 3.0. pushbuttons and sensors. In the software of the gateway, the pushbutton can then be linked to the luminaires.”

Reference link: https://dammedia.osram.info/media/resource/hires/osram-dam-13970815/Light%20is%20networked%20-%20Professional%20luminaires%20made%20smart:%20Zigbee%203.0%20DALI%20CONV%20LI%20(EN).pdf

Do we know if the new firmware will support pushbuttons and sensors ?

Sincerely,

Ned

Hello Ned,

Global “pushbuttons and sensors” notion is somewhat a bit vague :D. Do you have specific references in mind ? I’ll then try to check it

Have a good day,

Hey Leslie,

Yes, their description is really not clear on this …

But, I figured it out, you just need to keep pressed the physical pushbutton right after you reset it and turn the power on to the module. This enables you to use the physical button to dim or on/off the module while ZigBee will enable the control from the Home+ App once that firmware is published.

Thanks for your time 🙂

Sincerely,

Ned

Hey Lesslie,

Its me again .. 🙂

I got the Firmware and App update, I am using Gate K4500C and currently its at FW 150. However, there is no option to add either Osram products or open Zigbee, the options to add a new device are still the same ?

Was that option delayed or am I missing something ? 😐

Sincerely,

Ned

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Ned,

I have some “bad” news 🙁

I asked the teams : this feature was indeed planned for the v150 firmware update of this month, but it has been delayed. I don’t have a precise date to provide, but we hope for it to be ready in September/October (end of the year maximum)

Once done, you’ll be able to add and manage via Home + Control app ZigBee 3.0 bulbs on ON/OFF (230V E27 or E14 socket, or powered by a 12V driver). For colored bulbs (Philips Hue for instance), it should be ready for beginning 2022

Have a good day,

Thanks for the update Leslie,

Can you verify this module will work in the Q3/Q4 FW release, it registers as a Zigbee dimmer ( not colored )

Zigbee 3.0 DALI CONV LI https://www.osram.com/ecat/Zigbee%203.0%20DALI%20CONV%20LI-Converters-Components-Light%20management%20systems-Digital%20Systems/com/en/GPS01_3152271/
<ul style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; position: relative; color: #666666; font-family: HelveticaNeue-Light, ‘Helvetica Neue Light’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, ‘Lucida Grande’, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: #f3f3f3;”>
<li class=”property-value” style=”box-sizing: border-box; position: relative;” aria-labelledby=”deviceData-label”><span style=”box-sizing: border-box; position: relative;”>application</span>: <strong style=”box-sizing: border-box;”>02
<li class=”property-value” style=”box-sizing: border-box; position: relative;” aria-labelledby=”deviceData-label”><span style=”box-sizing: border-box; position: relative;”>endpointId</span>: <strong style=”box-sizing: border-box;”>0A
<li class=”property-value” style=”box-sizing: border-box; position: relative;” aria-labelledby=”deviceData-label”><span style=”box-sizing: border-box; position: relative;”>manufacturer</span>: <strong style=”box-sizing: border-box;”>Osram Sylvania
<li class=”property-value” style=”box-sizing: border-box; position: relative;” aria-labelledby=”deviceData-label”><span style=”box-sizing: border-box; position: relative;”>model</span>: <strong style=”box-sizing: border-box;”>Zigbee 3.0 DALI CONV LI
<li class=”property-value” style=”box-sizing: border-box; position: relative;” aria-labelledby=”deviceData-label”><span style=”box-sizing: border-box; position: relative;”>zigbeeNodeType</span>: <strong style=”box-sizing: border-box;”>ROUTER

It registers as a dimmable bulb ( On/Off and DIM )

Sincerely,

Ned

Hi Ned,

Here is the feedback from the team :

“The current development only concerns ZigBee 3.0 bulbs. In this case of a “Driver”, there is no guarantee that ZigBee clusters are the same as the ones we use for “bulbs” family. So, for the moment, the answer is : it’s not compatible and not taken into account in the current roadmap. But we forwarded the message to the Product Owner, which will be able to decide if we integrate this feature in the future roadmap or not”

So, I also have to modify my last answer : “you’ll be able to add and manage via Home + Control app ZigBee 3.0 bulbs on ON/OFF (230V E27 or E14 socket, or powered by a 12V driver)” <= driver not taken into account

Have a good day,
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.