Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Wireless switches not updating

I have some wireless switches, some double wireless switches, and some wired switches.

The double wireless and the wired are updated, however, the wireless switches don’t update their firmware.

So some of the when pressing the button toggle, and some turn off or on.

It is a mess.

How can I to force update the wireless switches?

Hello JD,

What is the reference of the wireless switch which doesn’t update ?

Also, if changes on wired switches and double wireless switches are recent, it can sometimes take a few hours or days for other devices to be updated. Is it a recent change ?

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Great.

I have the exact same problem. I have a connected home with 120+ wired / wireless switches and 2 gateways since there is a limit of 100 per gateway. All of my wired switches have updated to the toggle system and some of my wireless too. However there are few wireless switches that insist on using the former firmware version. Therefore it’s a mess: you can’t be sure how a switch will behave.

Is it possible to manually force a firmware update?

Is it possible to configure the behavior on/off or toggle for the switches?

Have a great day!

According to the app:

• Model: Wireless Switch (basically the

According to the box:

Current firmware version: 30

Battery level: full.

Hello Fotis & JD,

I asked our firmware development team for more information. You can force the update of your wireless switches on your side with a tip to force them to wake up :

• If possible, best is to first remove and put back the battery
  • Push the switch button and wait 10 seconds
  • Redo it 10 times and wait 10 seconds between each push
  • Normally, in the next 30 minutes, the firmware should be up to date (version 42 or more)

Please note it’s not a 100% accurate solution as, if the gateway is doing at the same time an other priority action, it will reset the pushes. Also, it’s painful to do it with an important amount of devices

Please tell me if it works. Otherwise, I’ll see with the team if we can find an other solution

Have a good day,

OK, I’ll try this evening and I’ll let you know.

Unfortunately nothing yet.

Same version. I had already tried something similar, but not with the 10 seconds wait.

It is still on version 30.

I’ve done this with the switch like 5 cm. away from the gateway to avoid any problems with distance. Not doing anything in the network (not pressing any other switch, …).

I’ve even tried to remove and re-pair the device.

Nothing yet 🙁

Hello JD,

Can you please send me (via the contact form for privacy) the email address of your Home + Control end-user account and the MAC address of your gateway ?

I’ll then ask the teams to investigate to find a solution

Have a good day,

<p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1rem; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.6; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; color: #575757; font-family: ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Noto Sans’, sans-serif;”>Form submitted successfully.</p>
<p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1rem; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.6; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; color: #575757; font-family: ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Noto Sans’, sans-serif;”></p>

Well received, I check that and I tell you when I know more 😉

Have a good day,

I sent you my info too, as the trick didn’t work for me either. Thank you!

Unfortunately I have the exact same problem.

What should I do?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by C J.

I have now my prise updated to version 149. I will try to update them once again to see if I’m lucky now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Information

53 replies
12 participants