Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Homekit curtain roller/shutter %

I have Legrand Valena Next curtain roller but I’m not able to control the opening/closing percentage from HomeKit or the native app. Is it in development or any beta that I could get access to?

Hi all,

I’m using the v55 for a while now and am really happy with the new tilt function.

However I noted that the tilt function is not working immediately when the shutters are closed to 100% when operating from the Home+Control App/Homekit.

Only after around 50 seconds, I can hear a relay switching within the shutter switch. After that I can start tilting the shutters.

The workaround so far is to only close the shutters to 99% after which the tilt function works immediately.

(When operating with the buttons on the shutter switch directly, this problem does also not exist as the relay will switch back as soon as I press the upward button to start tilting the shutters)

Has anybody else noted this behaviour. Or did I do something wrong in the calibration process?

Thanks.

Hi Leslie,

yesterday I’ve received v55, which works great. Opening percentage and tilting function is awesome, calibration was really easy and was sucessful from the first try. Sorry that my last comment was a bit frustrating, but now I’m really happy with the result.

Even with Home Assistant and the Homekit-Controller, everything works as expected.
Except when the tilt position is open, the status jumps back from 100 to 88%. The intermediate levels correspond to 0%, 22%, 44%, 66%, but that doesn’t bother me because it’s just a display error. Could also come from Homekit controller or Home assistant.

Hello,

@Rudolf, I didn’t see another similar feedback and no opened ticket about this issue. I advise you to retry a calibration to see if it continues to happen

@Manuel, I understand ;). I also noticed the “jump cursor” problem in Home + Control and reported it to the team. It was reproduced and they are working on a fix for this. It’s probable that it will also fix it in other third-party services

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Finally, after two week (and a masters witch lost in somewhere in the middle [solved]) I have all my shutters updated at v54.

Thanks Leslie and all for the help.

Hi!

I had the rolling shutters percentage working flawlessly for a couple of months. Both on the Control App, as well as on HomeKit.

But suddenly, since last week, it started behaving weirdly. On the Control App I can use the slider to control the shutter position but it only reports open, closed, half. And now on HomeKit it only lets me open, close or set to half. But if I use the Control App, on HomeKit it then says the percentage. But won’t let me define any percentage or position, only open, close or half.

I have done a power cycle of the main circuit and it did not solve. I also re-done the calibration but it did not solve it either.

Gateway version is now at v307. Shutters are v55.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Jose Ventura.

Hi Jose,

At my home it works the same way (wrong).
It has (not) been working since the last update (gateway version v307, shutters: v55) in March.
I reported it on this thread.

I am also very curious if there is any progress on the “0-50-100 in HomeKit” issue and what is the plan for it.

Kind Regards
Grzegorz

Hi <span style=”caret-color: #545354; color: #545354; font-family: ‘Source Sans Pro’, sans-serif; font-size: 18px;”>Grzegorz,</span>

I might have experienced the issue later because my gateway might have updated to the latest firmware more recently. I think that might be the issue. Or something changed on HomeKit that is messing things.

Either way it should be easy for Legrand to replicate the issue.

I still don’t know why there isn’t a manual method to update the firmware of the gateway and switches. Or at leats some feedback of when it is schedule to be done, etc.

Have the same problem as Jose Ventura in my three curtain switches.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Lope Mario.

Hello,

I discussed it with the teams, it seems that the v.55 firmware version brought this problem on some installations (the majority of our test installations are not impacted). A fix for this is planned in the next gateway firmware release v.40x which is in Beta. But I don’t have for now an availability date for it

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie,

Gateway updated to firmware v404 but the issue remains.

I have re-done the calibration process to no avail. On the Control+Home App the slider can set to the desired position but it reports open, closed or half. And on the HomeKit App I can only open or close.

Hi Leslie,

I forgot to add that I also power cycled the gateway. It had no effect.
however, today I restarted the HomeKit Apple TV that was the current active hub and it fixed the issue!

So if anyone still has the issue after updating to v404, reboot your current HomeKit active hub.

As my issue described here on 21 April 2023 was not resolved so far, I tried to recalibrate one of my exterior blinds again.

I noticed that when tilting the blinds, the periods between each tilt have been shortened (while holding the up or down button). As the amount of “tilts” is limited to 4, I’m now not able to fully tilt my blinds, no matter how long I push up during calibration.

Is this issue something others are experiencing as well?

Firmware of blinds: 60

Firmware of Gateway: 602

Thanks.

Hi Wouter,

I checked the internal bug tickets, I didn’t see something similar

It seems more like a mechanical problem, so you should contact directly the Customer Support of your country

Have a good day,

Hello Leslie,

Last week my curtains roller stopped working. now the curtains does not close completely but it stops ar 3/4 more or less. and If I put 80% open it does not work either, because it will open the curtain completely.

so basically it will just open or close the curtains nothing in the middle.

I tried the calibration, but I get a white page with no instructions in it. I tried to reset the switch, unpowered the getaway, re add the switch, but nothing worked.

firmware of my rolling shutter is 60 and firmware of my gateway (power outlet) is 602.

any idea?

thanks!

Matteo

Hello Matteo,

You should check if your Home + Control app is up-to-date facing this white page problem. I didn’t see any similar feedback in the tickets about this, but it looks a bit like a bug fixed in v.61 firmware version : “Make load detection more robust against electrical perturbation (to avoid unstable status in the app).”

It could also be a hardware problem. In any case, you should contact directly the Customer Support of your country so that they’ll be able to investigate more

Have a good day,

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.