Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Homekit curtain roller/shutter %

I have Legrand Valena Next curtain roller but I’m not able to control the opening/closing percentage from HomeKit or the native app. Is it in development or any beta that I could get access to?

Hi Carlos,

It looks like an app problem for me. Can you give me the version of the OS of your smartphone and the Home + Control version you have ?

I’ll then try to see if there is a known bug with it

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Quick update: after resetting all, I forced the gateway to a 2,4 GHz wi-fi (creating a dedicated one, before that it pointed to a 2,4/5 GHz mixed wi-fi, that could be an issue). After that a I had the shutters updated to firmware v44 in some hours. Now I can see the slider open/close (can’t see any percentage at all…). None of my shutters updated to v54/55 since then (a few days ago).

Also, I noted a bug in the app when controlling sliders (shutters/dimmable lights): when i pick the slide up or down, the controlled item take the right position/state, but sometimes the slider return to the past position. The shutter/light stay in the right position/state, it doesn’t fell the slider bug.

Hi Leslie,

• I tested it with two iPhones: iPhone 13 (iOS 16.4) and iPhone 13 Pro Max (iOS 16.4.1)
  • Legrand Home + Control App:  2.22.0 (182)
  • Gateway firmware:  307
  • Roller shutters firmware: 55

Additionally I tried to calibrate also the third roller shutter with different results as follows, to summarize:

• First roller shutter worked fine, calibration and use
  • Second roller shutter unable to calibrate. Got a blank screen when trying to calibrate and I tested power on/power off of the grid, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, etc.
  • Third roller shutter does the calibration process and the app show the opening bar but only works on open, stop and close mode (despite the UI shows the opening status bar).

I will try again today with the third roller shutter doing the calibration process to see if the issue persists.

Homekit doesn’t work with the %, but this is secondary to me at this moment.

Thank you!

Carlos

Hi again,

@Carlos : Thanks for the detailed feedback. I discussed it with teams, they didn’t have any similar cases. I advise you to contact the Spanish Customer Support and report the problem (+34 919915500)

@Nick there is an opened ticket about a glitch with the slider in our app. It should be resolved in the next application releases

Have a good day,

Good afternoon,

I am another one of those affected who is still waiting for the switches to be updated to version 55. All of them are still on version 47. My controller is on version 307.

I have tried all possible ways:
– Removing the switchs (3)
– Removing the controller
– Reconfiguring the Wifi connection
– Reinstalling APP

The version of the Home + Control app is 2.22.0 and my phone is an iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS 16.4.1 and im from Spain.

I hope your help, I don’t know what else to do.

Regards.

Mario.

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

@Mario & @Nick, concerning devices not updating to v.55 : it’s normal, the deployment of the firmware is temporarily suspended. So v.47 is “officially” the latest OTA version for current updates (unless for devices already updated)

I try to get more information to know when updates will resume

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie,

Just for your reference, I deleted the rolling shutters with issues from the Home App, restarted all the system and added the rolling shutters again.

All rolling shutters can be calibrated and works ok now.

Thank you for your support!

Carlos

It’s a mess. Since two years, such a basic feature is promised and the shutters are just crap to control external blinds. Sorry for the choice of words, which will nobody help, but it’s getting really frustrating.

Hi Leslie, all,

Yesterday night I updated my Homekit Home to the new Apple Homekit architecture.

Now all rolling shutters can be used from (Apple) Home app in %, even Siri can move the rolling shutters with voice commands telling the aperture % desired.

All is working as expected in this installation now. I will start working on other installs.

I just saw version 55 is pulled form the update servers. When we should get the % functionality again, to be able to use it in new installations?

Thanks!

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Great to hear ! The new HomeKit architecture seems indeed to resolve many problems we had (and other brands also) since the iOS 16.2 version

I don’t have a resume date for the NLT-55 version, but developers will keep me informed

Have a good day,

Hello,

it seems The new firmware 55 has been pulled to users again since all my installation has been updated on Monday.

i was able to calibrate 2 rolling shutters to test it but no update on HomeKit side (% control not available, only 0-50-100%).   Notice I am up to date on Apple side and using new Homekit architecture, i thought I should have no trouble further to above exchange…

Finally is There any procedure to follow to have all control features replicated properly in Homekit before i start calibrating my 18 rolling shutters ?

Hello Frederic,

I confirm that the NLV-55 firmware is now available again in OTA update

We had similar feedback with gateways in 307 and NLV 55 but without any repercussion in HomeKit. I opened an internal ticket and it’s being investigated

I’ll warn you once I know more

Have a good day,

Hello,

the same at my house. The last 2 devices out of all 8 got fw 55.

I have a problem with calibration. Each shutter works differently.

When I adjust to full open till, each shutter is in defferent position.

How can i fix this?

@mKlacan, you must contact the Customer Support of your country about it. It looks like a mechanical problem to me or a software calibration issue

Have a good day,

Hello Leslie,

Thank you for your feedback.
Finally the issue with Homekit has been solved by rebooting my ipad and now all my shutters, as well as a BSO, can be managed through Homekit now.

Best regards,

Frederic

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.