Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Homekit curtain roller/shutter %

I have Legrand Valena Next curtain roller but I’m not able to control the opening/closing percentage from HomeKit or the native app. Is it in development or any beta that I could get access to?

Hello,

I’m back after find the solution.

The process when all devices are updated :

– In Control APP remove all roller switches devices and check in HOME APP that they are deleted.

– Unplug all concentrators (APPLE TV, Homepods)

– Put all other Apple devices (And the devices of your sharing families) in Plane Mode.

– Launch Control APP from an android smartphone

– Pairing all shutter switches in the app.

– Change mode from “up down stop ” to “%”

– Launch all calibrations

– Test all of them in Control App

When all is done, re-plug Apple concentrators and connect to Wifi your iPhone and wait in Home App the refresh.

All the switches are OK in Home APP.

For legrand TEAM : This heavy  process could be replaced by add an “refresh Homekit configuration button” in the control APP like that Phillips Hue APP.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by F.B.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by F.B.

Hi Guilherme,

I did a test on my installation + a 2nd one for confirmation : it seems to correctly work on our side

Please send me an email via the contact form with :

• the email address of your Netatmo end-user account
  • the name of the first shutter concerned (the one in your room)
  • if possible : a video of the settings of your shutters in Home + Control app to verify the configuration
  • a video in HomeKit app of the current behavior of your shutters

I’ll should then have enough information to open a ticket to developers

@Nick we don’t have such a list. But I can tell you that the latest NLLV firmware version is 54

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hi Leslie,

The requested information was sent via the contact form

Thanks.

Guilherme

Hi Everybody,

finally I got fv today, the last day 🙂  And it almost works perfectly. But why almost?

At first, issue with HomeApp (HomeKit). I can confirm (as many others before) that when opening/closing shutters via my iPhone (firmware 16.4) I can only open to maximum (100%) or close completely or set to 50%. However, when using via HomeApp on my MacBookAir it works perfectly with 1% precision!!! Thus I’m able to set precise automatisations and they work as intended. So, at this moment, it’s pretty hard to say when the issue exist??

And one suggestion for improvement or feature: calibration can be done only via connected switch but I can’d do it via remote switch. But one of my roller shutter’s switch is hidden and I’m controlling it only via remote switch. Now, I’m not able to set % and make any calibration. Do you consider to allow to do calibration also via Home Control+ App or via remote switch?

So far that’s all.

DW

Hi Dawid,

Thanks for the feedback, indeed it’s strange if it works via HomeKit MacBook and not HomeKit iPhone …

Could you please send me via the contact form :

• model of the MacBook and its OS version
  • version of HomeKit on MacBook (if it exists, I don’t know how it works on Apple’s desktop)
  • any relevant infos you could send about your setup or video from the desktop version

Concerning the calibration via a wireless roller shutter switch : unfortunately, it’s technically impossible. The potential latency with orders sent by the wireless switch could alter the correct calibration time

Have a good day,

Hi everyone,

I got FW 55 on last day – 3.4.2023 on 5 of 7 devices.

Last 2 devices still without new FW. I tried reconnect my gateway to wifi.

Do you have some tip, how to update FW on last devices?

Hi Leslie,
There are more people facing the same issue with 0/50/100% in HomeKit.
Please share solution in this thread as soon as you find it.

Kind regards
Grzegorz

Hi, after newest update FW55, I have an issue with shutters in HomeKit. I’ve removed and added all shutters in conrtol app (control mode set up on default Up/ Down/ Stop). By control app everything works fine – the middle button (with the square one it) stops shutter right away. The problem with HomeKit is that I can’t stop opening or closing shutter, it goes all way down or up. Before the update setting on 50% in HomeKit stopped the shutter.

Hi Leslie

today, somehow magically, everything works perfectly, even in my app. I did nothing beside using rather Macbook than iPhone to set roller shutters.  Truly, I don’t get it. See what next day brings 😉

One more thing. In these of my shutters that are set on default Up/Down/Stop I can’t use 50% setting in HomeKit to stop them, exactly as Marek wrote above. So maybe it’s worth of replicating by dev team?

All in all, I think this new firmware make system behaving in not very stable/predictable way.

Hi everyone,

I have not received yet update on any of my devices. All are FW 47 and gateway is FW 307.

I have tried to reset wifi settings of gateway and reconnect it to wifi but no change.

Do you have any tip how to force fw update?

Thank you

Kind regards,

Michal

The local customer service gave me the same instructions. Just did Wi-Fi reset from gateway (not from app) and now I have to wait 36 hours. Let’s see what happens

Hello everybody,

I had the info that a rollback for NLV-55 to the previous version has been done on some installations. I asked the teams to explain me what it implies as I don’t see what are the possible impacts (it could possibly explain why your devices don’t update, and also why the behavior in HK is not correct for some of you). I’ll tell you once I know more

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie

I would like to give some further information on the problems that occur in my installation with the firmware 55:

In the Legrand Control app I uninstalled one of my blinds, reinstalled it and calibrated it. After doing this, the behavior of this blind in the Apple Home app didn’t changed, i.e. it only allowed 3 positions: 0%, 50% and 100%.

The next day, without me having done anything and as if by magic, this blind started working correctly in the Apple Home app, i.e. now I can set the opening percentage in 1% increments

I am going to follow this procedure for other blind to see what happens and later I will give feedback

Best Regards

Guilherme

Hi Leslie, everyone,

I have recently (last week) installed two roll blinds controlled by a wired control K4027C (FW55). The rolls require 68seconds to open or close completely.

This time might be too long, because when I run the calibration (automatic or manual one), the shutter command cuts off before the blind is fully open or closed and the % set point is not working correctly. Does anyone know if there is a timeout value that is hardcoded in the firmware? Anyone had a similar problem and can offer a solution?

Thank you in advance,

Matteo

Hi Leslie,

Good to see the partial rolling shutter setting arrived!

I have a few rolling shutter switches in their boxes because this option was pending since 2020!

Currently I have three switches with the v55 firmware, and while one of them works flawlessly after calibration process, other one doesn’t allow me to do the calibration:

– Rolling shutter updated with FW 55.

– I can start the calibration process and, after asking if the LED is flashing, it gives a blank screen and calibration can’t be finished.

– Tried again after shutting down the AC por the complete system and restarting. No luck.

What can I do? Any suggestion? An update failure?

Thanks!

Carlos

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Information

166 replies
32 participants