Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Homekit is returining “Not Responding” to all Legrand accessories

For the last few days my homekit shows not responding for Legrand Accessories.

If I reset Legrand Gateway ( Reset WiFi and Homekit settings ) everything is back to normal for a few hours and then again not responding.

I reset everything ( Apple TV, Router, Gateways, iPhone)  but still this is happening.

Of course if I use Home+Control app everything is working as expected.

Any ideas what to do ?

Thank you

Hello Andrew & Siobhan,

@Andrew : I have a HomePod mini and I just touch the top of the device (that launches the music by default) and usually the connection is re-done after a few seconds. A colleague confirmed me this behavior too on his side, but it’s maybe not 100% accurate

@Siobhan : I don’t remember to have seen such a behavior reported until now. I just performed a try, I don’t reproduce it on my test installation. I report to the teams anyway

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

@Leslie,

Have you only got the one HomePod mini?

I have 5 Mini’s and a 1st Gen HomePod and an AppleTV 4K.

I ask about the number of homePod’s because it might be interesting to see if it is the closest, or if it is the one that is currently the controller that you need to touch the top of.

I’ll do a bit more detailed sleuthing next time it happens to me and give an update.

I am having 7 homepod minis and APPLE TV , but I removed it from for Hub.

I tried to touch the connected as hub, but it didn’t worked. I will try to touch all the homepods and get back with results.

Yes, only 1 HomePod and it’s the same on the installation of my colleague (so, it’s indeed the controller). Very interesting remark, it’s not impossible that only 1 HomePod can act this way

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Good morning everyone, I am new to the Legrand world and have owned a complete BTicino home automation system for about a year.
In the house, there are two individuals with 2 iPhones and 2 iPads. All devices are updated to iOS 17, except for one iPad that remains on version 16. Everything works perfectly from the Control app; however, from all devices, it’s no longer possible to associate the Legrand gateway with HomeKit. Before the update to iOS 17, HomeKit worked reasonably well, with occasional unresponsive commands. On the other hand, I’ve never encountered any issues with Google Home.
After updating to iOS 17, I started receiving the “not responding” message from Gateway devices and accessories in HomeKit. Consequently, I removed the entire home from HomeKit and initiated the procedure through the “Control” app between the gateway and HomeKit. However, during the process, I was unable to complete the association with the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, with the attached error message.

You must be logged in to view attached files.

@Valentino – it is not enoguh to remove the home from Apple Home. You need to reset homekit/wi-fi on the Legrand Gateway. The error you are getting is misleading and the actual problem might be completely different. In order to reset HomeKit on the Legrand Gateway, hold the reset button (gear icon) of the gateway for about 10 seconds. As soon as you see an amber/orange light of the gateway release the button. DO NOT HOLD the button for more than 15 secs or you will reset your whole home configuration!

Once the reset of the gateway is done, continue to reconfigure Wi-Fi and HomeKit like you have done at the beggining.

Hi,

I reset the gateway, reinitialized it with iPhone, and everything started working perfectly with HomeKit: lights, plugs, and blinds. After about an hour of HomeKit inactivity, the ‘no response’ message returned. For reference, I have a Fritzbox 7530 ax router, 2 Fritzbox repeaters (mesh network), separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks. I’ve assigned a static IP to the Legrand gateway with maximum network priority. The router is configured in balanced mode.

Hello everyone, I am writing from italy.
(sorry for my english).
For about a year my homekit shows not responding for Legrand Accessories.
If I reset Legrand Gateway everything is back to normal for a few hours (max one day) and then again not responding.
I have implemented all the procedures described in this forum but they have not worked.
I reset everything ( Apple TV, Router, Gateways, iPhone)  but still this is happening.
Of course if I use Home+Control app everything is working as expected.
The only way to restore the gateway is to restart it.
I’ve tried local support but they have no idea what’s going on.
Is there any news?

My setup is: 1 homepod mini, 2 apple tv 4k, 1 iphone 12 pro max and 1 gateway L4500c(firmware 503) with 9 L4003C Livinglight.
Thanks

Hello All,

I have the same problem with Homekit integration. Reported back in April both here and at local Legrand Technical Support. No solution, so far. I have been checking this forum for news as the local technical support doesn’t have a solution.

I have around 50 LivingNow Zigbee devices in my home installation, including  K4411C, K4027C, K4003C,K4001C,K4141AC,FC80RC,FC80CC, F20T60A,K4570CW,K4575CW. The gateway is the DIN version FC80GT. All latest firmware and latest AppleOS.

Would love to have back the Homekit integration working reliably. The brand “Legrand” and Homekit integration were what made me choose this solution for my smart home installation.

Antonio

Hello again!

After @Leslie said something about glitches with homepod, I found that indeed some of the homepods even if they seems to be working, they are not working correctly. How I found it ? Spotify started not to working. Then I realize that the Homepod had wrong WiFi.

Then after reset I didn’t connect to my wifi… Still not… If I shutdown all homepods and leave the one that is working and then reset Legrand Gateway, it seems that everything is working ok.

BUT again, I am having many Homekit Compatible products that are not affected by this issue of homepods. And one of the is Netatmo weather station with many extra sensors , which is the same company and it is working without any problem even if one of the Homepods are not working ok.

I can read more users that are coming here, because I suppose searched the issue in Google and find that thread, which is good.

I suppose after 80+ messages in this thread is an indication that something is not working as it should be.

I can understand that Apple is a close ecosystem, but I cannot accept that the products of the same company are working no matter what will happen , but some other are not working…

My apologies again, I am trying to share with everything what I am thinking loudly.

We do know that HomeKit is very sensitive about WiFi, and one area seems to be around mDNS.

Maybe we could find some similarities.

Personally, I’m running an Eero <span style=”font-family: ‘Mark Extra Light’, Proxima-Nova, Arial, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>Pro 6 mesh (Model K</span>010011). There are 4 nodes in the mesh, including the Gateway which connects to a Router and then to the Internet.

I am running it with HomeKit Secure Router enabled.

The main issue I seem to have with regard to Legrand & HK is that when the power goes down, and then comes back on line the Legrand Gateway does not reconnect to HK. It does work with the app, so it is on WiFi. This is despite that my WiFi Gateway and Router are on battery backup and one HomeKit device (An tv 4K 2nd Gen) is also on battery backup. All I have to do is reboot the gateway and it works. However, that’s not really a good solution.

Also, as noted by others, my other Netatmo devices (In my case they are Cameras) do reconnect to HomeKit.

Just Yesterday I found the same issue.

I have just remove the WPA in my WiFi and set to no security  in order to test some other things. Suddenly I received a notification that Legrand Gateway is not connected.

I have switch back my Router’s WiFi to previous setting, but Legrand didn’t respond. So I had to one more time power down the house and power up. It worked, but none of the other homekit devices I am having , did the same.

Obviously Legrand gateway is the problem and probably it might be one of the reasons we are getting No Responding.

Let’s see how team will help up in this matter…

Why do you have to power down the house? I have my Gateway on its own breaker, and I just flip that.

Because when I did the installation I couldn’t imagine that I need to reset it 10 times per month… 😛

I will change it of course shortly.

<span style=”caret-color: #545354; color: #545354; font-family: ‘Source Sans Pro’, sans-serif; font-size: 18px;”>Obviously Legrand gateway is the problem and probably it might be one of the reasons we are getting No Responding.</span>

I moved all of my Legrand/Netatmo wired & wireless devices to Home-Assistant using Zigbee2MQTT (connected directly using a Zigbee router, not the integration), and not once since doing so have I had issues with them connecting to Homekit.

The problem is 100% the Legrand/Netatmo gateway. It is inconceivable this problem has yet to be solved.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.