Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Homekit is returining “Not Responding” to all Legrand accessories

For the last few days my homekit shows not responding for Legrand Accessories.

If I reset Legrand Gateway ( Reset WiFi and Homekit settings ) everything is back to normal for a few hours and then again not responding.

I reset everything ( Apple TV, Router, Gateways, iPhone)  but still this is happening.

Of course if I use Home+Control app everything is working as expected.

Any ideas what to do ?

Thank you

Thank you. That worked perfectly!
So far, no “Not Responding” timeouts with latest version of app.

Unfortunately, I now have the similar experience to others (again). Apple Home app shows “not responding”. Home+Control app works perfectly.
Resetting provides only a temporary relief from the message.
Any further thoughts?
Thank you

Hi Alexandratos,

🙁 I reported your case with infos in an internal ticket

Following the successive modifications from Apple with HomeKit in 16.2+ versions, developers can’t continue to spend much time investigating further. They warned Apple about the problem and hope them to react to improve the behavior. On our side, they still continue to make change in Home + Control iOS app, but they unfortunately can’t do much more

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Hello,

I’m running iOS 16.5 Public Beta 2 on my HomePods and my phone/iPad, etc. There are a couple of devices still on 16.4.1, but not much.

I recently added two sockets and:

• Issue 1: when I went to add the room, which was new to Home+ Control, I could not import rooms from HomeKit (Difference experience with a adding contactors where I can import rooms from HomeKit)
  • Issue 2: I manually added a new room of type “Corridor” and called it Utility Room. I now got a 2nd “Utility Room” in HomeKit.
  • Issue 3: I moved the devices to the HomeKit room “Utility Room” and within a few minutes all devices went unreachable.

Resolution of devices going unreachable: After playing around with it for days. I deleted the sockets and re-added them with a room type of “Other” and the name “Utility Room”. This time all devices came back and were working just fine in HomeKit and have continued to do so.

In the Last week, without change anything and with iOS 16.3 in all devices, again I am having “Not Responding”

I have reset many times with the same results. To be more precise Last Thursday , if I recall correctly, It worked normally in the morning, left the house and when I was back I got not responding.

@Leslie Do you think I should upgrade all devices to 16.4 ? Also I am having 307 firmware for Gateway , 55 for roller shutters and 70 for lights and 74 for plugs. But nothing changed until I got Not responding.

Andreas

Hello,

@Siobhan thanks for the feedback. It looks like a name incompatibility between Home + Control and HomeKit. In main cases there is a red banner on Home + Control allowing to fix it. But happy to hear it seems to work correctly now (PS : I didn’t forget your other question about Nanoleaf, I need to discuss it with teams ;))

@Andrew I can’t tell you if upgrading your iOS version will help, but anyway you will have one day or the other to do the update, so you can try. With the 16.3 it seemed that main “unresponsive” problems were solved, it’s not impossible that some new breaking changes for us were added with 16.4 … There are ongoing lab tests about it

Have a good day,

@Leslie,

I have found that if the name of the device is different, I definitely get the red banner. However, it didn’t seem to do that with Rooms.

@Andreas,

My experience of 16.4.1 is much better than 16.3 For example, the new architecture seems to be fixed in 16.4.

Hello,

For the last couple of months, I am experiencing the “<span style=”color: #545354; font-family: ‘Source Sans Pro’, sans-serif; font-size: 18px;”>Not Responding” issue related to the H+C and Homekit integration.</span>

Gateway fw: 307

iOS & tvOS 16.4.1

What is the current status of this problem? Is there already a definitive fix?

In the meantime, I reported this through the local Legrand client support.

Thank you,

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Good reflex to report to Customer Support 😉

It’s still under tests and investigation, the problem happens really randomly (it will work or not on similar installations …)

If Customer support didn’t already give you this, here is what you can check on your side and that worked for some users :

In the event that a fault appears, various simple methods can be applied initially to correct it:

– Check in home+control that there is no name or room conflict between H+C and Homekit.

– Check that the concentrator is connected to the same SSID as the Legrand gateway.

– Restart the control socket.

– Restart the hub (Homepod or Apple TV).

– Restart iPhone / iPad.

If despite this the fault persists, it will be necessary to completely reset the link between Homekit and Home+control.

– Delete the “Legrand gateway” bridge in the Home application (if no other bridge is associated with the house, you can delete the house).

– Perform a 10s reset on the control socket. We advise you to assist the user during this procedure. If you are unfamiliar with this procedure, contact us to review it together.

– From the home+control application on an iPhone, redo the association with home kit.

– Complete the settings in the Apple “Home” application.

At the end of this reconfiguration, check that:

– The names of products and parts are identical in both applications.

– The Legrand gateway is in the same room as the concentrator (Homepod or Apple TV).

Have a good day,

Hi

any progress with this issue? It just happened to me. I reset all hubs including Legrand’s. I moved all HomeKit hubs to the same room as legrands hub ( I hate this!!). For now it works. Let’s see for how long

I open this thread before 13 Months… If I switched of my main power switch and get it back, everything is working. After some time I am getting not responding.

Suddenly before a couple of weeks when my homepods took automaticaly iOS 17 , homekit started working for a couple of days. After that Not responding.

Today for one more time , I reset everything and homekit started working. Now I have checked my phone and I am having Not Responding.

What is more funny is this :
I spent hundreds of Euros in Legrand to have HomeKit devices and it is not working from last September. It was working until then.

I am having many homekit devices, including Netatmo weather station. None of them had any kind of problem until today.

For me it is not acceptable that there is no solution until today. Again I payed lot of hundreds of money in Legrand and I was expecting to have better quality.

Now I cannot make changes and the only thing I can do is hope, that they will fix it someday….

Of course if anyone found a solution I am more than happy to read it.

I hear you Andrew. I moved to BTicino because I heard a lot of good opinions on the system and I was not ready for these kind of issues and the way they are handled.
I do appreciate that Leslie here do respond and keep us some what informed but that is not enough for a company like Legrand.

@Leslie, do you have an idea if the dev have an idea what is going on? Do you have a fw update in the pipeline?

Hello Andrew & Elkabetz,

Developers have planned a test sequence next week to work on known HomeKit issues with the Home/Away + auxiliary switches. We also noticed (and I reproduced it on my side) that the “not responding” message is happening with the HomePod and seems to be “fixed” by manually activating it – which is not a correct solution of course -. So, they are now investigating this way to understand why the HomePod can randomly not interact anymore with the Legrand Gateway

We have to deal with Apple’s infrastructure as it’s a third-party service, so it’s difficult for developers to find out the precise problem. Some enhancements for HomeKit were already launched in previous firmware releases and fixed the problem in many cases, but there are still some cases to investigate and resolve

Have a good day,

Hello @Leslie and thank you very much for the update. I know you are trying your best on all the problems here and thank you again.

May I ask you, what do you mean with the workaround ““fixed” by manually activating it” ? I tried but I was not able to do it.

What are the steps I should follow ?

Thanks again!

Leslie,

as further to the not responding… mostly mine is working just fine. However, what I have noticed is that if my WiFi goes down I have to reboot the gateway for it to re-connect to Apple Home.

Pretty much my Gateway is the only device I have issues with this.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.