Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

MHS1 and new app Home+Control

Some days ago my HMS1 has lost its fixed ip address during night, falling to dhcp address so it was no more reachable from Openhab portal that integrates Bticino bus with other devices in my home. I tried to reset it with MyHomeUP with installer code app but I could not reset the old fixed ip, it always restarted with dhcp address. So, reading somewhere in internet I found that the the old app MyHomeUp was no more updated. They suggested to move to the new app Home+Control. I did this and the new app can reach the server, but now I have lost completely the old app (it says that mhs1 is no more reachable) and the new app does not allow the installer access but only the normal user access. So I do not know how to manage my MHS1 and neither i cannot rollback to previous configuration. My old scenarios are still active but I cannot disable or edit or delete them because they belong to installer. The app says to call the installer … but I have installed it myself!

Please help me!

@nimrodyo, please help me to understand this.

Since H+C is made for the end user, I understand that it reads the configurations of your devices but does not allow you to  modify them. Eventually all things will fit to place and we will be able to switch light on off, to raise/lower a shutter and so on. We will also be able to add scenes with existing objects. My question is: will we be able to use H+C to add objects to our system, like a new hue lamp or a new command switch or a new actuator? If the answer is yes, we should also be able to configure these objects in our system. If the answer is no, then we should contact our electrician (or learn how to use H+P as an electrician!) for any new object, which seems quite a step back to me. Moreover, people with Living NOW with Netatmo objects were already using H+C to interact with their systems as installers, as we did with MH_Up.

I myself was using H+C before this migration to control Netatmo valves in my home. That part still works in H+C (but in another Home from Bticino MHS1 home). I configured and added valves to my system using the Energy App from Netatmo and just allowed H+C to see the system as a guest (which implies playing with program the house temperature).

So I am confused … I can see three different approaches in H+C, which one is the one developers have in mind?

1) LivingNow approach – the user is also an installer, talks with the gateway, adds objects, configures them, creates and modifies the cloud image of the house (Is this true? I have a SCS system!)

2) Netatmo approach – the user is not an installer, the cloud image is created by another app (the Energy app), where the user is the installer. This is working already, H+C reads correctly the system

3) MHS1 approach – Not working at the moment. Will this be like the LivingNow approach? Then no need for H+P and eventually H+C will substitute MH_Up entirely, but this requires the ability to delete, add and  modify objects as an installer and also to access 3rd party bridges (like Philips Hue) as I did with MH_Up (behaving erraticly but … sometimes working!). Will this be like the Netatmo approach? Then who plays the Energy app? H+P? If so that must work standalone, before and not (HOURS) after H+C is settled!

Leslie could you please ask the developers to shed some light on this? What will be the future of H+C?

I was looking forward to integrating the above three approaches in just one app. Can’t they simply add an installer access to H+C and leave H+P to people who plans the initial configuration of a house?

I’m fine with the approach of separating H+C and H+P, its indeed a good design edition. The key problem is, the synchronization just doesn’t work correctly yet. You can easily inspect the network synchronization communication between MHS1, H+C, H+P and the netatmo servers , the idea/approach is ok, but for some reason synchronizing MHS1 and H+P with netatmo server just fails, thus, H+C is either not having all rooms, importing the same empty rooms again and again or, if you reparent objects in H+C then H+P fails to detect this changes (although its clearly talking to the netatmo servers)

So, as posted in the other threads, the key issues are:
– not correctly working synchronization making the apps impossible to use (H+C always reimports rooms again and agin)
– sometimes cumbersome to reassign already assigned devices, you have to reset the entire device first (for example, if you want to re-assign and already assigned module #4 you have to reset the entire actor and assign module 1-4 again)
– not working 2 wire audio system anymore and no plans to support them anytime soon

If the first two issues are fixed it would be a pretty decent and fast app, but again, I still wonder how a product of this quality could have been released at all yet

@robertsze, look at this from the MH_Up side: before I had one single app to interact with MHS1 (as installer or admin), as Netatmo users had the Energy app and LivingNow users had H+C. Now instead of having just one app for integrating the three environments in one, I have two, neither of which is working (at the moment!!). Eventually they will work, but I wonder: will the Energy app disappear or will the LivingNow users use H+P for their system too?

Will there be a moment in which my Netatmo valves will be seen in the same Home of my Bticino SCS together with (maybe) some Living now objects (with their own gateway, I assume)?

Nimrodo said:” <span style=”color: #575757; font-family: ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Noto Sans’, sans-serif;”>using the H+P can work properly only HOURS after H+C was installed and migrated successfully.”
So H+C (the end user) must define and check the devices and then call H+P (the installer) and tell him “wait few hours to see what I defined and please manage it for me!”.
Indeed a very funny approach !</span>

Hello everyone,

I discussed with the responsible for the migration project, all bugs you reported here or via the Customer Supports are well identified and planned to be fixed via firmware updates in the next few days. It includes I think the “hours to wait” point between a configuration in H+P and its effective activation in H+C as I don’t see a logical reason on my side for such a behavior

Concerning the end-users apps strategy :

• Netatmo is now in charge of residential solutions (Netatmo’s native devices and Legrand/Bticino solutions as Home + Control, MyHOME_Up, …) to be used with Home + Control and Home + Security
  • Eliot is in charge with devices for tertiary sector (sensors for factories, offices, hotels, and other solutions) with its own user/installer apps

For MyHOME_Up, we decided to create a dedicated application (H+P) to do the commissioning/configuration as it would have been a real nightmare to integrate it directly in H+C which is dedicated to the everyday management of your appliances

In a nutshell :

• Netatmo branded devices => dedicated Netatmo apps and Home + Security for installation & use
  • Legrand/Bticino residential devices => integration to Home + Control/Home + Security (migration of C100X, C300X, … will be done in the next months/years) and Home + Project for configuration for “complex” solutions

I hope it’s more clear 😀

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

It is definitely more clear!!

Thank you very much for the explanation

have a good day and let’s wait for the firmware updates …

About this … in MH_Up any firmware update was notified to the user who gave permission to install the new firmware. How will the firmware update go in the future? Will there be a message in H+C? Or in H+P? Or will the update be forced without the user consent?

Did anyone managed to creat a group? Every time I try I get an “Error creating link” message…

Hello Marco,

As I said in an other thread : firmware updates for MHS1 will now be automatically sent without user consent, it will be totally transparent for end-users (as it’s already done for Netatmo devices with automatic OTA updates). According to the features, it will be done either for 100% of installations or progressively

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

Still same problems even with latest Firmware version, rooms are importing again and again in Home + Control after making a little change in Home + Project or waiting a few days (36 bathrooms now, 36 living rooms, etc…)

Worse, Home + Control cannot be used anymore after a few hours because it always wants to import again

In case someone (can) care:
<span style=”caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;”>Server Mac: 00:03:50:a4:34:e6</span>

From my side, I got a new version of the app Home+Project (Android) and now I can rename Hue lamps. Unfortunately at the same time, it introduced new issues such as saying that my thermostats are note configured properly… But when I try to configure them the app says that I cannot because they are already configured…

Hi, since latest firmware update – the timetable does not work anymore. I programmed certain lights at certain times, but nothing reacts.

anyone else experienced that?

and i still cannot delete scenarios at h+c and h+p. There are about 60 empty scenarios, and i cant delete them.

All you say is interesting from the teoretical point of view. But
1) I want to manage my domotic devices by myself. It’s only a 5 year brand new plant and I took 2 years to setup by myself due to useless support of official installer.
2) I have no more any app to manage it because Home+project does not work at all and MHS1 has no more apps to manage it.
3) all my scenarios are gone. I  redefined them at Home+project but they do not work and/or cannot be modified or saved
4) home+control does not update from cloud neither after 15 days and does not receive anything from home+project. It does not allow to redefine anything because it tells “name already in use”.
5) neithes basic functions of home+project work at minimum level (do you know that email usernames may be different from an email address? this does not need a deep knowledge of protocols.. .only the basic knowledge)

All what you can answer is about marketing strategies of BTICINO/LEGRAND . I do not care about that. I want to use what I payed for. So please rollback old apps without too much blabla.

Hello
Is it possible to get the A PL address in H+P?
Thanks

Leslie hi!

any news regarding bug fixes? You said 11 days ago in “a couple of days” major release with bug fixes will happen? I have the latest firmware but still the same issues.

Best, Simon

Big step forward with 2.60.47!

H+P works much better, reads correctly the configuration done with MHSuite, finds the hue bridge and installs hue lamps. I was able to delete all the empty rooms and all the objects which was wrongly installed by H+C. Then I started H+C. It asked for configuration, which was coherent with what was written in H+P. Still some problems since new empty rooms are generated, but definitely a step forward.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.