Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

MHS1 and new app Home+Control

Some days ago my HMS1 has lost its fixed ip address during night, falling to dhcp address so it was no more reachable from Openhab portal that integrates Bticino bus with other devices in my home. I tried to reset it with MyHomeUP with installer code app but I could not reset the old fixed ip, it always restarted with dhcp address. So, reading somewhere in internet I found that the the old app MyHomeUp was no more updated. They suggested to move to the new app Home+Control. I did this and the new app can reach the server, but now I have lost completely the old app (it says that mhs1 is no more reachable) and the new app does not allow the installer access but only the normal user access. So I do not know how to manage my MHS1 and neither i cannot rollback to previous configuration. My old scenarios are still active but I cannot disable or edit or delete them because they belong to installer. The app says to call the installer … but I have installed it myself!

Please help me!

Good for you that received the update, I’m still on 2.60.38 without any possibility of updating it.

I pray every day the bticino God to mercifully receive an update that let me use my house as a normal human being…

They should be ashamed of themselves for forcing this awful firmware update: it’s our homes and lifes they are messing with.

No need to pray. Someone changed the software without possibility to rollback and blocked our homes. Now they say that want to change the firmware too without our permission. They also removed the function to restore our backups to previous state. And the answer is “wait, we are playing again with your house, have faith and you will may enjoy again”. But would you accept this answer with your home banking app or with the software of your smartphone that you use to call your parents or to make your business? Certainly you would not! So I think this is a unpolite and illegal position, and I firmly ask to rollback to march 2022 situation. I’m ready to expose this situation to the competent authority for the assessment of any offenses to my rights and my privacy.
Btw, I already have the new firmware (I did not receive any notification to install it) and nothing changed. This is not acceptable at all!

2.60.47 made it even worse! Still tries to import empty rooms but now fails with “import failed, please try again later”, no chance to import anymore. According to network trace it tries to add two devices to a room which doesn’t exist on the netatmo server, no chance to remove the devices, so completely useless now.

QUOTE: I’m ready to expose this situation to the competent authority for the assessment of any offenses to my rights and my privacy.

Same here

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by robertsze.

P.s: This is how it looks like in H+C (german)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ngi8iio7wiwhod/RPReplay_Final1650864039.mp4?dl=0

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Current status for version 2.60.47 it seems that H+P is still unable to create groups and empty rooms are still being created out of no where. Anyone can confirm? Leslie, what is the status on that major update?

@Leslie why some have received the firmware update while others didn’t?

I’m still stuck on the 2.60.38, how to get the upgrade?

the situation is unbearable, my home is a mess: lights not working properly, doors not opening, broken scenarios, etc.

Yes, same here, the synchonization data clearly shows that rooms with the same ID are created on the server, not allowing them to delete because of this

You must be logged in to view attached files.

After the last update, MHS1 is unstable also as OWN gateway, it disconnects continously:

2022-04-28 11:01:58.907 [INFO ] [rnal.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] – —- DISCONNECTED from gateway BUS_192.168.1.40:20000. OWNException: BUS-MON-Rcv got IOException: Connection reset

2022-04-28 11:01:58.914 [INFO ] [rnal.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] – —- Starting RECONNECT cycle to gateway BUS_192.168.1.40:20000

2022-04-28 11:02:01.638 [INFO ] [rnal.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] – —- RE-CONNECTED to bridge openwebnet:bus_gateway:mhs1

So the house is hardly managed also by Openhab. YOU MUST ROLLBACK, no more ! Give us the old app and the old firmware, and allow the restore of MHS1 backups. Then you are free to develop anything you want, but give us the possibility to fix that point.

Hi Fulvio,

what model of gateway and firmware version do you have?

I had the same issue and solved by installing an unofficial firmware provided by bticino phone assistance

Which tools do you use to extract the logs and upload new firmware?

can you please share the firmware you received?

Btw, we can share more info over the Reddit board:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BTicinoLegrandMyHome/

@enrico: I have a MyHomeServer1 with 2.60.47 (it upgraded itself, without any intervention).  I dot know any way to interact with MHS1 with this new app, so I could not apply the new firmware. I never suceeded to manage MHS1 with official applications, that’s why I learned Openhab with OpenWebNet bindig, to have at least a way to ussue commands and read values after years of unlucky attempts an much money spent to buy stuff from biticino. The only software that helps me to know things on bus is MyHome suite, but I think that it is not able to update MHS1 firmware.
My house was built with MyHome devices without my intervection, and I found myself to interact with a domotic system that I cannot manage and that I want to dismiss as soon as possible, in the meanwhile I’m building altenatives with Openhab, but I have not time to develop new solution because every new month a have a new problem with BTicino. At each new firmware update I have some new unsopported device to take away from the bus and to buy a new one to substitute. Half of the F411/4 actuators are no more supported due to firmware, same for half of the LN4691 thermo sensors and for the LN4695 thermo controller. All these devices were installed in december 2016 in a new house by official BTicino partners, and I took two years to have them working as promised. Non they tell me that everything has to be revised from scratch …
I worked all my life in technology and open systems, and I still may use devices I bought 40 years ago! I may accept incompatibility due to technology evolution, but they cannot freeze customers houses due to marketing reasons. I pretend at least to consolidate the situation at march 2022, with stable releases and upgraded based on cuctomers decision, not such a violent obligation.

@enrico: I have a MyHomeServer1 with 2.60.47 (it upgraded itself, without any intervention).  I do not know any way to interact with MHS1 with this new app, so I could not apply the new firmware. I never suceeded to manage MHS1 with official applications, that’s why I learned Openhab with OpenWebNet bindig, to have at least a way to ussue commands and read values after years of unlucky attempts an much money spent to buy stuff from biticino. The only software that helps me to know things on bus is MyHome suite, but I think that it is not able to update MHS1 firmware.
My house was built with MyHome devices without my intervection, and I found myself to interact with a domotic system that I cannot manage and that I want to dismiss as soon as possible, in the meanwhile I’m building altenatives with Openhab, but I have not time to develop new solution because every new month a have a new problem with BTicino. At each new firmware update I have some new unsopported device to take away from the bus and to buy a new one to substitute. Half of the F411/4 actuators are no more supported due to firmware, same for half of the LN4691 thermo sensors and for the LN4695 thermo controller. All these devices were installed in december 2016 in a new house by official BTicino partners, and I took two years to have them working as promised. Non they tell me that everything has to be revised from scratch …
I worked all my life in technology and open systems, and I still may use devices I bought 40 years ago! I may accept incompatibility due to technology evolution, but they cannot freeze customers houses due to marketing reasons. I pretend at least to consolidate the situation at march 2022, with stable releases and upgraded based on cuctomers decision, not such a violent obligation.

I used the My home suit application on a laptop, by connecting it directly to the MHS1 using a usb MINI (not micro) cable.
<p style=”text-align: left;”>When I updated the MHS1 with the firmware provided by bticino (2.60.47) it started to work again with Openhab, and the openwebnet binding doesn’t show errors in the log anymore.</p>
Lukyly for me, I’m still using the old myhome up and I will not transition to the new app.

On the 4680 HS scenario control, instead of four buttons that are used as start triggers for scenarios, H+P offers for link only two modules . Thus, only 2 scenario can be run with 4-button control.

MyHome_Up  allowed each of the 4 buttons to be used. How can this be done in H+P?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.