Forum

Browse topics, discover Works With Legrand community!

Homekit curtain roller/shutter %

I have Legrand Valena Next curtain roller but I’m not able to control the opening/closing percentage from HomeKit or the native app. Is it in development or any beta that I could get access to?

Try connect gateway to Wi-Fi once again.

Many Thanks DAWID WIENER, it worked.

Hello,

@Dawid I put an image of the changelog showing the main new features/improvements

@Guilherme I confirm that your Valena Life NLV will manage position after 306/51 versions. There is no possibility to force gateway update. It should arrive for you in the next few hours/days

Have a good day,

Leslie – Community Manager

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Update : seems that reconnecting to Wi-Fi works as Dawid said 😀

Good to know even for me, I always thought that the firmware check was only done at configuration of the gateway

Have a good day,

Hello,

¿Any news about NLV versión 51?

Many Thanks,

Robert

Hello Robert,

It will finally be NLV-52 version. It’s now tested in PreProd (last step before Production). The release plan is not up-to-date, but if everything is OK it should arrive at the beginning of 2023

Have a good day,

Hello Leslie,

Just to confirm my understanding here, “reconnecting to Wi-Fi” means to go through the wireless setup process of the gateway power outlet?

Hi Markus,

The best way to do it in my opinion is to cut the power of your gateway at the circuit breaker and re-establish it. It will force the gateway to find back your Wi-Fi network

I’m not sure about this solution, but : in Home + Control if you go to “Manage my home” and click on your gateway, you have a blue button “configure the network”. It launches a process but I don’t know if you are able to “lose and retrieve” your network by doing it

Have a good day,

Hello

I followed the steps:

go to “Manage my home” and click on your gateway, you have a blue button “configure the network”. and I launched the process.</span>

during this process the new firmware was detected and my gateway was upgraded

best regards

Guilherme

Dear Leslie,

First of all I am wishing you and the community here a Merry Christmas 🙂

Related to this topic here, I was wondering if/when the slat tilt positioning/adjustment can be added as a feature? It seems to me as this is technically possible within the HomeKit framework/architecture as it is documented here (refer to paragraph “tilting mechanism”)

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/homekit/hmcharacteristic/characteristic_types

My shutters are managed by  K4027CM2  with firmware 47. My house has the gateway DIN 412181 with firmware 253. All living now with home+control and Alexa. We are waiting (for two years already) for the firmware update to open/close our curtain rollers/shutters to a percentage, rather than only either fully open or fully close. I put the power off and on, trying to force a firmware update, but nothing new yet. So I guess the firmware update is still to come. Hopefully, it will come soon in 2023! We are waiting for it!!!!!

Hello and happy new year !

@Markus : good news, the tilt positionning will be in the next firmware release of the NLV planned for end of january/beginning february. It’s already working with a NLLV. It will be manageable via HomeKit in the setting page (as far as I understood it’s not really intuitive, but it’s the way Apple display it). It’s not a management in % but you will have 5 preset positions

@ Juan José : it’s planned in the same firmware release (and with a gateway in v306)

Have a good day,

Happy New Year for 2023

@Leslie: Every time I get an email with the subject “[WWL] New Answer for Homekit Curtain Roller/Shutter %” I think to myself… it’s today … it’s today. Then I stop everything I was doing to check the details of the message but unfortunately the news are not what I was expected so much… and to my disappointment I find out that I have to wait at least another month.

First it was the gateway firmware that I had to wait more than 2 years…. When I finally received the good news that the gateway firmware was released and I was excited to try it I realized there was something else missing . now the NLV firmware…

I know you are doing the best you can to provide this functionality, but it is taking really so long!!!

Keep up the good work.

Best Regards,

Guilherme

Hi Guilherme,

I know, I would also like things to go faster sometimes :D. But teams have to prioritize work, and this kind of feature is unfortunately generally at the bottom of the to-do lists

But this time developers are really confident for an availability of the firmware end january/beginning february

Have a good day,

Hi Leslie,

firmware upgrade is already available? You mentioned end of January/beginning February 🙂

Best

Dawid

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.